Monday 19 November 2012

Writing reflection number 9





To begin with I have to say this is the first assignment I really gotten behind wholeheartedly. I really enjoy coming up with ideas and incorporating them into the story.The longer format also helps allow me to better flush out my story and not miss any details I would rather keep. Progress is unfortunately rather slow. I have completed roughly half of the story at the very least. At most I've completed two thirds of it. Overall I find writing the filler details to be enjoyable, easy and fun. Writing these parts of the story is by far the most simple part of the process. The ideas just roll off the top of my head and a mental picture develops of the scene that allows me to portray a realistic depiction of what I am thinking of. The big challenge is writing the dialogue. I find this is my achilles' heel in writing because my dialogue is quite chunky and uneven. the speech is probably quite odd as realistic talk. I figure the main reason for the lack of good dialogue is the fact that i have limited experience with conversations myself.

The tweet format is not as severe a handicap as I originally feared. It didn't take to become used to counting letter and spaces. By the time the editing process began fixing over sized tweets was as simple as splitting them up. Even the dialogue sections were simple to put down on paper and once modified were easy to follow. In closing i have to say that is the funnest assignment in this class, it is challenging but not overly so and it allows for a great deal of freedom in the assignment.

.....I'm sorry i don't have the pictures right now....they will be coming soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment