Wednesday 16 January 2013

Bucket List Overview


Choosing the List of 100  things before you die is sort of a challenge,even 50 is stretching it at times. Most people know 5 or 6 things they want to do but not much else. The best way I could describe this list is a combination of life ambitions and crowning moments combined with things I would just love to try if I had the chance. So, here it is! My 50 things I want to do before I croak presented and narrated by yours truly, Marc.


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/

Bucket list entry number 1. Visit the Forbidden city in China. When most people think of China they think of the Great Wall. But the Ming Dynasty Wall or at least the fully restores sections of it are quite far down on my list of things to do if I ever visit China. The first thing I would want to do is visit the Forbidden City and see the true splendour of Chinese art and architecture.
File:Village Airways Douglas DC-3 Volpati-1.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/

Bucket list entry number 2. Fly a DC-3 and DHC-2 Beaver. Here's to entries that i decided to talk about together because both involve flying. The DC-3 because it is arguably the best air craft ever built as well as having a reputation forgiving to its pilots and general joy to fly. the DHC-2 Beaver holds many of the same basic virtues as the DC-3 but with the ability to take off and land inside of football field this aircraft is much more an explorers machine as well as a thrill.


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/DHC-2_Beaver.jpg

File:Cairo, Gizeh, Sphinx and Pyramid of Khufu, Egypt, Oct 2004.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/

Bucket List Entry number three. Visit the Monuments of Egypt. I've always had a fascination with Egypt. The monuments of a long standing world civilization are in my opinion something that one must experience in their life time. The Sphinx, the Pyramids and the valley of the Kings all silent witness the worlds first great empire.

File:Brough Superior SS 1000 1925.jpg

Bucket List entry number four: Ride a Brough Superior motorcycle. Here's one that seems so bizarre I just have to talk about it. In the 1930's Brough Superior was the Rolls Royce and Duesenberg of motorcycles. At a time when a family car could barely reach 60 miles an hour and the average high end motorcycle could clock in at around 90 M.P.H the Brough Superior SS-100 could do 100 M.P.H off the show room guaranteed. It was impressively stable, the low enter of gravity and specially designed forks to allow it to run straight and stable at high speeds. to prove it in 1925 at test driver took the motor cycle out on a track and let go off the handle bars at 90 H.P.H. the motor cycle didn't wobble or even go off track, it stayed perfectly straight. Even though I wouldn't do that it would still be fun to drive what once the most fun and technically advanced machine on wheels..the true Rolls Royce of motor cycles.

I'd love to stay here and continue spouting reasons for my choices but i know that will get boring. So, consult my blog to see the rest of the list.

1 comment: