Monday 24 September 2012

Writing Reflection #1

Six word Memoirs


To begin with I found the exercise of the six word memoir to be an all together less irritating affair then I originally thought. The exercise was almost fun at the end. My decision for leaving the classroom is the same reason why I always leave the classroom, I do not want to interrupt others, and it also allows me to pace. I initially found the exercise difficult because anything of value worth mentioning in my life tends to be negative and rather painful. I find writing memoirs or autobiographies a severe challenge.The trick that I eventually used was that of vagueness. Make the six word memoir as vague as possible while still keeping some reference to my life. Overall, I found it a good exercise helping one to try and go further on fewer words. Although, I still stick to the statement  that " Unless the person's life is truly extraordinary a memoir or biography is rather unexciting and uninteresting."


Blogging

I found the blogg to be fun! Since I started the blogg I decided to create a trivia piece, a good movie list, and a quote of the week.The nature of bloggs tends to create a jumbled image of a persons personality and thus says a lot about them.

I find the hardest part of writing a blogg is that I need to find new quotes and new trivia questions every week. This is especially challenging for quotes because I not only need to remember the quote but the author of it as well.

The most rewarding part of blogging to me is when people either put good comments or they try and answer the trivia questions. Unfortunately this really hasn't happened yet but I'm hopeful that it will.

My goal is to come up with one more weekly personnel addition and to keep up with the rest of them. I'm going to try my best and that is all I can do.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment