Monday 22 October 2012

Writing Reflection 3


If I were to use my blog as a tool for university promotion I would almost definitely post a picture of my honor plaques and other awards on it. I would also include a picture of myself in cadets and another picture of myself volunteering at the Western Canada Aviation Museum. I would include these pieces in order to further emphasise my academic achievements and loyalty to commitments. There are probably many more ways that I could achieve this with my blog but these are the ones that are the most doable and the least braggy. Considering that my long term goals are to eventually hold a PHD in history a little self promotion is not exactly a hindrance in the long run. In closing although I have no plans to actually include these items in my blog they are still worthy additions and I may reconsider adding them later on.

comment 1: http://howdhreads.blogspot.ca/2012/10/personal-addition.html#comment-form

comment 2: http://www.samscreativethoughts.blogspot.ca/2012/10/surprised-at-how-exciting-it-is-to-see_764.html#comment-form

comment 3: http://taylorperistyblog.blogspot.ca/2012/10/life-big-question-1.html#comment-form

The first comment I posted was on a hockey poster for the lock out. I chose to write on this because unlike most people that I know I believe that if anyone is entitled to the bigger cut it's the players. Especially not the league or the teams in the south that are already on life support. Honestly though, I think the money gap should be used to make hockey games more accessible especially those in Canada who want to watch it. In the end it is just my opinion and I hope the whole mess gets settles soon.

The second comment I discussed was on Sam's blog. Like Sam, I am truly fascinated of the variety of page views I get and find it to be one of the more enjoyable things about having a blog. My only wish is that more people would leave comments to give me an idea of how I'm doing and to provide suggestion and criticism. So please leave comments !!!

The third comment I made was on Taylor's blog and the depth of it truly surprised me. I find questions like those intriguing and definitely worth asking even if you disagree with those who say it , it is always nice to see some one speak their mind, especially with big questions like this.

Overall I find the characteristics of a good comment is intelligence, the comment must provide some insight or some thought into the topic at hand. It should be creative and insightful and make the author of the original post as well as any other person who comments. The characteristics of a bad comment is threats , inappropriate use of language and non constructive criticism. These comments  are irritating to the writer and if anything detract the value of the post and irritate the poster possibly even to the point of hiatus. Please don't leave posts like this.   The main benefits on commenting on other peoples blogs are directly linked to benefits of receiving comments. Posting comments provide you the commentor with the valuable  ability to voice your opinions and receive answers directly from the original source eliminating confusion and harmful interpretation. As a recipient of comments they provide the poster with important insight into the opinions and  interpretations of their readers allow the writer to discover what  works and what doesn't to improve where possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment